Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Bahingaw Sapie Now

There are 18 schools of Indanan South District under the supervision of Public Schools District Supervisor, Sir Samoore S. Ladjahali. Sapie Primary School is one of those located in the furthest area somewhere in Barangay Paligue, Indanan, Sulu. It is about 2 kilometers away from Indanan-Parang National Highway and the same distance from Langpas-Silangkan National Highway. Sir Sam wanted the school to improve. He strongly believed that school head matters most. Last April, 2016, Sir Moore asked me if I would be in favor of installing me as TIC (Teacher In-Charge) of Sapie Primary School at the same time Kindergarten Adviser in the morning. Kindegarten classes were formerly handled by Voluteer Teacher, Nurmalyn Jumahali but she already left the learners because of financial constraint. So, kindergarten learners might be abandoned on the first day of classes, June 13, 2016.

For the interest of school children in my native place, I knodded. I am the only teacher in Indanan South District ready for any place of assignment provided it is an order of my superior. Before, I was re-assigned to Poblacion Elementary School then I was recalled by my Principal, Filomena D. Sappari since the enrollment of Panglima Mammah got improved. Afterwards, Panglima Indanan Central School held me for the second re-assignment and then returned again to my former station. Lastly in behalf of excess teacher, I was stationed to Mukammali Elementary School where I was recalled again to Panglima Mammah Elementary School. At that time, promise dictated my heart not to anymore agree with any re-assignment.

In my designation order as TIC, Sir Sam included Sapah Malawm Primary School under my instructional and administrative supervision. It was clearly stated that I should establish school office in this school for as my school administrative settlement after observing teaching duties and responsibilities in Kindergarten classes at Sapie Primary School in the morning. The distance of Sapah Malawm Primary School to Sapie Primary School is more than two kilometers away. I used to hike every morning from my school office and sometime from Pasil Elementary School. It's very few people walking along the pathway that I use to traverse just to reach my Kindergarten learners. Many people warned me not to go along the way but I ignored their apprehensions over the situation in the entire area which is exposed to an offensive military operation.


I have only one teacher in Sapie Primary School, Nurjaina F. Yusop, the veteran teacher. She is residing in Barangay Bud Taran at about 4 kilometers away from her school. Every Monday to Friday, she just walks to our school like me. Sapie Primary School has only Kindergarten to Grade 2 classes of which is handled in a combination grade by my veteran teacher. We have strong intention that this school will grow as what others do.

Parents begin now showing more supports how Sapie Primary School becomes stable despite the peace and order in the area is phenomenal. My teacher and I eventually works harder towards strengthening the educational situation in our area. Likewise, our PSDS, Sir Moore has a constant monitoring ou us every day. He always motivates me how I would be a cause of the improvement of my school.


Definitely, a day shall come to let everyone turn back their heads to Sapie Primary School. They pause for a while and listen to the sound they would hear. They would look at here and there but they don't see no one. They would clamor and talk to everyone on what they hear. Sound emerges in the heavy varieties of trees and bushes penetrates one's ears where heart should listen and decide.